Monday, August 3, 2009

The Future

I'm embarking on a huge task. First, I'm changing careers. I'm moving from an outward, monetarily measured career to a more internal, less outwardly rewarded career: mortgage consultant to teacher.

I've poured over curriculum reviews, talked to numerous other homeschool moms and done some deep soul searching to find just the right curriculum fit for our family. And I think I've found it. I'm super excited about starting it but extremely nervous. T and I seem to clash quite frequently so I'm going to need an arsenal of patience and creative parenting to thwart his constant emotional breakdowns and back-talking. G is making progress in his anger management, and it's always better when he's fed and well-rested. And of course Z is always eager to learn.

What will the days look like? How chaotic or smoothly they go will depend on 2 things: prayer (for my attitude) and preparation (for my mind). If I do those 2 things well, I think we'll thrive and learn a lot together.

No comments:

Post a Comment